Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes (for roasting the garlic)
Preheat oven 400° (I like to use convection setting on my oven)
1 bulb of garlic (or 10-12 good sized garlic cloves), roasted
2 TBS olive oil
½ cup mayonnaise
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1. FIRST you need to Roast Your Garlic! Take your garlic bult and cut the top off-ensure each clove has been cut. Pour generous amount of olive oil (2-3 TBS) on top and sprinkle with Himalayan salt.
Place on a tin foil and make it like a little pouch or bundle, leaving a small hole to allow steam to vent out. Roast garlic in 400°oven for 20-25 minutes.
Take 10-12 garlic cloves and cut the tip of them off. Follow the exact steps above.
2. Allow the garlic to cool down.
3. Add the garlic and to a small food processor and blitz until smooth. (Can use the oil from the frying pan if you like).
4. Add all the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and blend until very smooth
More roasting tips:
* You can try your hand at roasting the garlic in a frying pan. Just make sure your garlic is peeled and does NOT burn. Move the garlic around often to avoid burning. Should be slightly golden brown after around 6-8 minutes.
*You can absolutely use a toaster oven, or air fryer to roast the garlic! Coat the garlic in oil then place same as mentioned above.
*If you choose to remove the skin of the garlic…look at the garlic around 10-minute mark. They tend to go much faster without the skin and with begin to brown. They make a TASTY treat when they are a tad crunchy.
**The softer roasted garlic is better for making a quick aioli though.
Jen Fiore has been cooking and baking gluten-free for herself and her family since 2003 & is happy to share her recipes with you!